Baked lamb shoulder with baked potato: presentation
The shoulder of baked lamb with baked potatoes is one of those classic recipes that trumps at any table a holiday. The way to cook it is very easy and if you want a secret to make it good and very tender, I will only tell you that the only secret is the quality of the meat. You can spice it with different spices to your taste (rosemary, pepper, thyme, paprika …), also add a wine or cognac to make it tenderer and give it more flavor, but the main thing to make it fit is to let it cook in the oven until that your skin is well browned and the outer capita is toasted. If you want to prepare a leg of lamb, the recipe will be the same and you should control the baking time because having more meat, maybe you should moderate the fire and leave it longer.
There are so many recipes as cooks, so I’ll leave mine. Actually mine is the elaboration because the recipe has given me Rosana from the carnage of Logrono of the same name. When I need advice, give it to me with all the explanations I ask. So I would like to thank you for the patience and, above all, for the piece of meat that advised me and all the details for the preparation. I recommend that when you go to cook a meat, take the opportunity to ask your reliable butcher because meat knows a while and are the best advice.
- 1 shoulder of lamb of 1Kg approx.
- 3 or 4 medium potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 heads of garlic
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1 glass of olive oil
- 1 glass of water
- Ground black pepper
Baked Lamb Shoulder With Baked Potato: Recipe Preparation
- Dip the shoulder in a slab or container with water for half an hour.
- In a bowl, saltear the oil, wine and water. Shake with a fork or hand stick.
- After having the shoulder in half an hour, place it in the source, suitable for oven, where you go to cook. Season all over the surface with a little pepper and salt to your liking. Add the two heads of garlic to the tray, whole or shredded, whichever you prefer. Pour the mixture of water, oil and wine on top. You already have it ready to take to the oven.
- Place the tray in the oven, preheated to 240º C. I have placed it in the second level of the five that has the oven and with heat upper and lower. The tray is centered. Close the oven and let it cook for half an hour without turning it.
- Use to peel and cut the potatoes into slices 1 cm thick and the onion in julienne. We will add them later because the potatoes need less baking time.
- After half an hour in the oven, without turning it, take the tray out of the oven. Remove the shoulder blade and place the baking potatoes in the base of the tray along with the onion. Season with a little salt (in the video I forgot to record that moment (I.e.). Place the shoulder on the potatoes and take the first turn. Put it back in the oven.
- Watch the oven and, when you see it dry, add water with white wine or just water. You should keep it from drying out. Water occasionally with the same roast broth and turn it around when you see it dora. This stew takes from an hour and a half to two hours. In my case, I have had two hours in the oven and I have been watering the meat with the juice and adding water as often as necessary. You have to cook making chup chup, but if you see that it smokes, lower the fire. If, on the other hand, you see that the broth does not boil, you better raise the fire a little or it will cook instead of roasting.
- Before putting out the fire, leave the shoulder of lamb with the skin part on top to make it crisp well and add a little water so that you have some broth at the time of serving.
Tricks: As the part of the bone has less meat and is roasted before, when you see that it is already ready, cover that area with a piece of foil to prevent excess drying.
Each oven has its own temperature and, although you and I put the same insurance that does not match. Look at the video because you will see it better than with all the explanations you can give.
Tell your butcher to give cuts to the piece according to the rations that you are going to serve.
If you like the recipes of roasts, I recommend you to see this article: 5 different roasts to take advantage of your oven here. I also want to recommend you to see this recipe of Sweet and Sour Roasted Pork Rib. Easier impossible.
You May Also like this Blog.